Senior Data Scientist
In this role, you will support the senior management team of our clients by leading and executing analytic projects to provide insight into user needs and behavior. You play a strategic role where you are responsible for formulating new and creative ideas tp leverage the business’s vast collection of data. You will work closely with product owners to help define product KPIs and measures, and track success over time in to generate key insights that drive product adoption.
You will also serve as the statistical analysis expert on cross-functional teams for large strategic initiatives; engage with project stakeholders to understand the business, bring structure and translate needs into requirements through analytic approach.
- Serve as a technical and thought leader on our diverse and highly skilled team
- Develop a strong understanding of the business, the challenges, and demonstrate the ability to identify business opportunities and risks
- Mine and synthesize across data sources, and leverage machine learning to expand suite of data analysis products aimed at uncovering trends and predictive modeling in large datasets
- Investigate, extract, clean, transform, implement end-to-end data pipelines and prepare data for machine and deep learning
- You will identify and utilize appropriate analytic methods and specialized tools to generate insights, answer the business questions, and fulfill project objectives
- You're responsible for preparing and delivering insight presentations and action recommendations
- You will closely work with stakeholders to build instrumentation and define dimensional models and schemas that support business processes
- Build actionable KPIs, production-quality dashboards, informative deep dives, and scalable data products
- Bachelor's degree in a Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or Life Science field with at least 7 years of experience; Master's degree and at least 5 years of experience
- Deep understanding and experience with advanced statistics and demonstrated experience with both supervised, as well as unsupervised Machine Learning, deploying predictive models including GLMs, decision trees, forests, boosted ensembles, neural networks, deep learning, and graph analytics.
- Excellent skill and experience in data processing using SQL, Hive, Impala, Spark, or equivalent querying language
- Working experience with deep learning models via PyTorch, Pandas, Numpy, and scikit-learn and Tensorflow, notebook and analytical environments (Jupyter, Python)
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment, and guide and mentor less experienced data scientists
At Area99 we believe that people are key to any successful AI transformation, that's why we carefully select our team. Your success in this job depends on how detail-oriented you are, your technical ability and most important your personality and being able to communicate effectively with your team and other stakeholders.